ASO(App Store Optimization) is a reality and, according to our experience with Plus91 media creating a mobile app is easy but every app must be used the technic ASO.
In this post, we are going to learn how to optimize a Google Play Store listing of any Android App in order to increase visibility and volume of organic downloads from the store.
What is ASO?
ASO (App Store Optimization) is the process of optimizing a mobile app in order to get morereach visibility and the highest conversion rate to install in the app stores. It’s also about Conversion.
Different ASO Strategies?
App Store Optimization strategy basically consists of these 3 process:
1) Keyword research & Market Research,
2) Google Play Store Page Optimization + A/B Testing, &
3) Tracking / Monitoring.
1) Keyword Research & Market Research:
This is the essential analysis you need to make before implementing your ASO Strategy and even before publishing your app or game. For new applications, it is quite difficult to get into the top search results for head or mid-tail keywords.
It’s possible, of course, but it will take a lot of effort, time and installs. This is why the best strategy in the beginning is to go for long-tail keywords – keyword combinations that are a bit more specific than usual search request keywords and have lower competition.
How to choose keywords and keyword combination for your app?
Keywords could be anything that comes to your mind that should relevant to your app and to the tasks it performs, or its main features.
Collect as many different keywords as possible, and then amplify the list with long-tail keywords. You can do it with a keyword suggestions tool – for example, Google Keyword Planner or AppKeywords.io or TheTool.
2) Google Play Store Optimization + A/B Testing:
- On-metadata factors are the ones that are under the control of the developer: title, developer name, description, icon, screenshots, feature graphic.
- Off-metadata factors are the ones out of your control (but you can influence them): installs volume, ratings and user reviews.
How to Optimize your google play store listing for ASO?
A perfect Google Play Store listing for ASO can improve keywords rankings, improve conversion rate to install and drive organic downloads.
- URL / Package:
- Developer Name:
Developer name will as well help your app rank in search results
Try adding some keywords in the developer name.
For example: “#DeveloperName: keyword + keyword”
- Brand – Keyword
- Brand : Keyword
- Keyword – Brand
- Keyword: Brand
- A few tips for a perfect description:
- Use the max possible number of characters for description [3000-3500char]
- Localize description to all possible languages.
- Look for mid and long-tail keywords and add them to your description
- Describe the best features of your app.
- include emoji’s or format text with HTML.
- If app has won a contest or award, mention about it.
- 32-bit PNG (with alpha)
- Dimensions: 512px by 512px
- Maximum file size: 1024KB
- Promo Video for your Android App:
Simply enter the URL of the video in the “Promo video” field, and remember these Google tips:
2) Don’t use an age-restricted video as your app’s promo video
- JPEG or 24 bit PNG(No Alpha)
- Min 320px
- Max 384px
- The maximum dimension of your screenshot can’t be more than twice as long as a minimum dimension